Friday, July 18, 2008

This Isn't the First Day of Being an Overachiever

o·ver·a·chieve
intr.v. o·ver·a·chieved, o·ver·a·chiev·ing, o·ver·a·chieves
To perform better or achieve more success than expected.

So, this is definitely not the first day that I've realized I'm an overachiever. I think I might have realized this when I was a freshman in college. The only reason I recognized my "disorder" is because I wasn't involved in any activities my freshman year. You may hear me refer to being an overachiever as a disorder, but in truth, occasionally I see it as valuable, while other times I see it as a disorder, but I digress:

Just a brief list of activities in High School:
Debate (3 years), Public Speaking (3 years), Computer Applications (1 year), Football (4 years), Soccer (3 years), Track (1 year), Student Council (3 years), National Honor Society (2 years), Spanish Club (1 year). I also took AP classes all four years of HS and worked a steady part time job on the weekends and after football practice for 2.5 years. And I was officers in the majority of the clubs. And had different girlfriends for various lengths of time.

Needless to say, I had a rather full resume. I'm a classic overachiever in the sense. I do too much with too little time. So I took a little hiatus, a sabbatical if you will. I dropped out of different activities and just stuck with work. But now, oh nay nay. And here's the college list, it's a combination of last year and this upcoming year (assuming my position will remain unchanged):

Honors Students Advisory Council Vice President
Spivey House Council Vice President
Alpha Chi Honor Society Member
Golden Keys International Honour Society
Campus Caller (job)
Economics and Business Analysis tutor (job)

So it doesn't look that full (it really is), but I'm also considering:

Orange Keys (SHSU Ambassadors)
College of Business Ambassadors
Student Regency (for 2009)

Annnd... i've made the Dean's List (>3.5) every semester and the President's List (4.0) for the past year and a half. I have a 3.89 GPA and I will literally freak out if I get another B. Oh, school wise... I'm a double major in Economics and Management with a minor in Entrepreneurship. I want to get my MBA after I graduate and then proceed to get my Doctorate in Economics.

I know, I go way overboard way too often. Enough about me for one day. This is just the start of my crazy overachieving life.

No comments: