Monday, July 21, 2008

The Mac

It's official. This i my first blog post on my newest toy. My new Mac. I have not used a Mac since I was a child in elementary school. I also received my iPod Touch today which is pretty awesome by itself. All this technology hurts my head. I like it A LOT. I just finished transferring music and photos from my Compaq (via flashlight because the back light is out) to the Mac. As I'm writing this, the iPod is updating all my music.

Today I took two test, one in Macroeconomics, the other in Labor Economics. Both were relatively easy. Relative to other tests that is. They had their challenges, but nothing I wasn't expecting. We'll see tomorrow how they turn out.

Everyday I'm in class I listen to other student's conversations and prepare for the complaints from my future students when I begin my professorship. Some girls behind me complained that the professor wanted to lecture following his exam, all because 1 hour & 15 minutes is not enough to finish the test. How sad? Dr. Balderas has already postponed the test 4 days. And that's 4 summer school days which is 3/4 of a month in a long semester. How dare he try to catch up by teaching after a test (whatever!).

Sometimes I wish my professors were more strict and did things they way they wanted to. I wish that they wouldn't always give a curve because the class (as a whole) fails, even though there are people that make a 100 (take a wild guess who). I enjoy the curve just as much as other students, but really. Nothing in life is free. The boss isn't going to say... "Well, you only finished 3/4 of what I asked you to do, I'll let you slide this time. Congratulations."

No comments: